I. S. Turgenev Orel State University is the first flagship university in Russia, the only multidisciplinary center in the region that conducts continuous training of specialists of all levels in the field of pedagogical, engineering, medical, natural science and humanities education.
Nowadays, the structure of the university is represented by 3 branches (Karachevsky, Livenskiy and Mtsensk), 12 institutes and 13 faculties. This is 297 educational programs, teaching more than 940 doctors and candidates of science. About 19,000 students from 55 countries study at our university; More than 4,000 students are graduated annually. Almost a third of them are excellent.
The University consists of:
- Center for attracting talented youth;
- Center for Advanced Continuing Education;
- Center for Innovative Development of the Region.
The main university is also the center of socio-cultural development of the region. For this purpose, the following was created:
- The regional acceleration program for the development of voluntary initiatives - acceleration, consolidation, support and conversion of voluntary initiatives.
- Center for literary heritage: "Turgenev's language - the language of the world" - popularization of the literary heritage of I. S. Turgenev
- Agronomical Pedagogical Institute - preparation of the teacher who studied in the rural school.
- Association "Dvoryanskoye gnezdo" as the core of social initiatives - the creation of socio-educational, cultural and educational services.
The University's ecosystem is innovative and includes the following:
- The University clinic;
- Center for collective use of scientific equipment;
- Center for Interdisciplinary Studies;
- Business incubator;
- Center for Technology Transfer and Commercialization;
- Center for Technology and Innovation Support;
- Translation agency;
- Center for Publicity Activity;
- Project office.
Youthful specialized research schools are a project that is aimed at creating a new model of additional education for the younger generation, who will be able to work in the future in high technology and high-tech industries:
- School of Robotics;
- School of Nanotechnology and Nanochemistry;
- School of the young architect;
- School of Biotechnology;
- School of Electronics and Instrumentation;
- School of the young businessman.
Membership of the university and individual scientists in specialized associations:
- CDIO Initiative
- International Association for Continuing Education;
- Network of language partners of the French Embassy;
- Association of foreign students of Russia;
- Association of Russian-Azerbaijani Universities.
Academic Mobility Programs:
- Erasmus Mundus;
- Jean Monnet;
I. S. Turgenev OSU is a comfortable environment for life, work and study:
- University campus (16 academic buildings and 9 student hostels);
- Student polyclinic;
- University clinic;
- Network of power objects;
- Sports and physical training complex;
- Swimming pool and indoor ice rink;
- Holiday Village «Zelenyy bereg»
The university also created all the conditions for developing the creative potential of the students:
- The regional headquarters of the Russian student detachments;
- Center for Culture and Aesthetic Education;
- Center for History and Exposition Activities;
- Joint Board of Students;
- Trade union organization of students.
Students of Turgenev OSU have an active, creative and sports life. There are various theatrical, vocal and dance studios, as well as 20 sports sections at the Orel State University.
Sport is an integral part of students’ life: football teams of the University, mini-football, basketball, volleyball, work with individual athletes. Women’s mini-football team, men’s football team, women’s basketball team and men’s volleyball team achieved high results in sports.
There were many significant events for the university during the existence of the main university:
- The university switched to education using the CDIO approach.
- Our university has also become a venue for the basketball competition – Stars Match ASB 2017 in Orel.
- Orel State University became the organizer of the Championship of the universities on the workout.
- The University Clinic is opened – the structural subdivision of I. S. Turgenev Orel State University.
- Our university is regularly visited by foreign teachers and scientists for conducting lectures.
Students of the university become winners and prize-winners of the Olympiads not only of regional and all-Russian, but also international levels. They take part in various international conferences, such as:
- Participation in the international conference on photonics "European Conference on Biomedical Optics" (Munich, Germany);
- Participation in the II International Conference "Tourism Dynamics and Trends" (University of Seville, Spain).
- Participation in the Summer School on Photonics and Optics (Oulu, Finland), etc
In addition, the main institution of higher learning itself becomes the platform for conducting international conferences and seminars:
- Workshop on the international ERASMUS + program and academic mobility;
- International scientific and practical conference based on the Institute of Economics and Management, etc.
The University is visited by foreign delegations from all over the world: France, America, Iran, Vietnam, Armenia and others.